About the Nashville LGBT Chamber
requirements for all ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is a service available to business members of the Nashville LGBT Chamber only. Please look at our membership levels and join the Chamber to take part in this opportunity.
- Event request must be completed and submitted at least 30 days prior to the desired event date.
- Confirmation of event request must be approved by Nashville LGBT Chamber staff.
- Ribbon Cuttings cannot conflict with other NLGBTCC events previously scheduled.
- Ribbon Cuttings can only be held on weekdays.
What You Should Expect
- The Chamber will provide specialty scissors, camera, and ribbon for the ceremony for the photo op.
- Your ribbon cutting photo will be shared on the Chamber’s social media sites.
- The Chamber will post a press release for your event through our website.
- The Chamber will highlight your event in our weekly / monthly newsletter.
- The Chamber will send an invitation to our Board of Directors and request their attendance.
Other Considerations (All Member Responsibility)
- Make your ribbon cutting a networking event by providing entertainment, hors d’ouvres, and refreshments.
- Collect business cards and have a drawing so you can follow-up with attendees.
- Advertise on your social media platforms.
- Invite your customers, family, friends, and colleagues.
How to Request
Please fill out this Ribbon Cutting Request Form. Please note that we cannot guarantee one of your dates. If there is a conflict with the Chamber’s schedule, you will be notified and asked to find another available date. We recommend you check with the Chamber Events Calendar for possible scheduling conflicts before making a request.